- (exploration) to travel for the purpose of discovery
- (explore) research: inquire into; “the students had to research the history of the Second World War for their history project”; “He searched for information on his relatives on the web”; “Scientists are exploring the nature of consciousness”
- Search for resources such as mineral deposits
- Travel in or through (an unfamiliar country or area) in order to learn about or familiarize oneself with it
- Inquire into or discuss (a subject or issue) in detail
- (exploration) a careful systematic search
- The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment
- a particular branch of scientific knowledge; “the science of genetics”
- A particular area of this
- skill: ability to produce solutions in some problem domain; “the skill of a well-trained boxer”; “the sweet science of pugilism”
- A systematically organized body of knowledge on a particular subject
- Science (from the Latin scientia, meaning “knowledge”) is, in its broadest sense, any systematic knowledge that is capable of resulting in a correct prediction (i.e. falsifiability in Karl Popper’s sense) or reliable outcome.
- Bookbinding is the process of physically assembling a book from a number of folded or unfolded sheets of paper or other material. It usually involves attaching covers to the resulting text-block.
- eight: the cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one
- eight: being one more than seven
exploring science 8 – Exploring Science
Exploring Science for Qca 8 Pupils Book
Exploring Science Pupils, Books Pupils, Books provide full coverage of the Key Stage 3 Science Curriculum and are each divided into twelve units that follow the Units in the QCA Scheme of work. Pupils, Book 9 contains eighteen units – twelve units that cover the QCA Scheme of Work, plus three additional revision units and three post-SATs project units. Questions in the Pupils, Books get increasingly harder and open-ended and the length of the text between questions is increased to help improve literacy levels. ‘Focus on, pages in each unit provide additional extension and enrichment material at the Could know level.
3.8 College Prep
Teens work on Resume creation, ACT Prep, and budgeting exercises.
080426 misc 0061
Explore Highest position: 80 on Saturday, May 3, 2008
exploring science 8
This activity kit includes our popular Life on Earth: A Fossil History Model. This, along with the Microslide Viewer and three lesson set lets students explore topics like fossils, earth history and the theory of evolution. The Teacher’s Guide includes a General Introduction with 5 activities, and two more Units with 9 more activities bring a comprehensive look into the History behind our Earth. Teacher’s Guide may also be purchased separately. national science standards correlations sheet included. Grade 3-8. Ages 8-13.